Version 2.3.0 is
This is a feature and user improvement update with new packages in preparation
for v3. This is the last v2 release (for real!). As of now, the
v3 branch has
been merged into
master so if you
go get periph, you will get the v3
changes, not v2.3.0.
The new release contains 34
changes for a diff
72 files changed, 3043 insertions(+), 742 deletions(-).
New packages for v3
Two new packages were added right away to reduce the delta with v3:
- image14bit: added in
preparation for lepton v3
- physic: new package with fixed
point units to represent the physical world. It replaces the units that were
defined in package devices in v2.
A slew of improvements were done in the past month:
- allwinner and
bcm283x: add automatic fallback to
sysfs GPIO if the CPU driver failed to load. This means users can still use
these Pin definition even if only sysfs access is available.
- chip, pine64, odroid, rpi: Made the header drivers load even if the CPU driver
failed, so the headers are defined, and will fallback to sysfs GPIO if needed.
- bcm283x: added PinsSetup0To27(),
Drive(), SlewLimit() and Hysteresis().
- sysfs: performance improvements in
I2C and SPI by removing memory allocation in the common path.
- apa102: removed memory
allocation in Halt().
- bmxx80: added benchmarks to
compare the different calibration function implementations.
- Added more GPIO benchmarks, yet accelerated gohci cycle time by skipping
partially redundant ones.
- Fixed Kelvin to not use the ° symbol.
- Internal refactoring to help maintenance.
Thanks to Menno for help with Lepton design
improvements and contribution of the image14bit package
I (@maruel) did the rest, including the release
process and the gohci test lab.
Found bugs? Have questions?
Follow twitter.com/periphio for news and